Monday, February 22, 2010

It Might Get Loud (2008) (PG)


It Might Get Loud (2008) (PG)
Directed by Davis Guggenheim
Starring: Jimmy Page, The Edge, Jack White

Daddy Says:

A loving tribute to rock and roll's primary instrument, It Might Get Loud takes three masters of the instrument (Jimmy Page of the Yardbirds and Led Zeppelin, The Edge from U2, and Jack White of the White Stripes), puts them in a room together and lets them talk about what it is that inspires them to create their own unique sounds for their bands.

It also allows them to play together for the first time, combining their own sounds while playing as a trio some of the songs they made famous as individuals. This movie has wonderful music. I loved hearing them play, and talk about why they love to play.

My only complaint about the film is that it feels like it's just scratched the surface of its subject. We get a lot of background on the three, but because it covers three guitarists instead of a single musician, it feels like there's more to say than what is contained in the film's short 98 minute run time. It's not often I wish a movie was longer, but in this case I would have loved another hour or so with these three legends of rock.

Grade for It Might Get Loud: B

Daughter Says:

I loved this movie. It's not everyday I can sit down and watch documentaries about anything at random. I was really fascinated by what Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White had to say.

Before this movie, I didn't really care for Led Zeppelin, and I didn't even know who Jack White was or The White Stripes. But after watching It Might Get Loud I finally got to understand and get to know these people.

My one complaint as well was not getting enough time to know the guys. I really was interested and it had me listening to all they had to say. The music was amazing. Just overall, one great show. I didn't really realize how short it was until Dad said that, but I do wish it was longer. To learn more about them would be really cool. But I still highly recommend this movie.

So my rating must be a "A-" Just for the one complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment